Monday, December 01, 2008

November Reigns

FACT: The most brilliant people on earth were born on November…hehe, talk about self-promotion! But really, I know a lot of great people who were born on this uber-special month. I’ve studied the statistics and came to this rationale: nine months prior to November is February! So we are basically “love month” babies.

Please allow me to express my birthday greeting to these femme fatales:

THE VOICE

She is the “other” loudest voice that ever graced our department (PY being the original “The Voice”). And like Colbie Coillat, she added bubbly to our marketing fusion. She is a bundle of joy and dynamite laughter but she does have her saccharine moments.

Thanks for all the laugh trips, the jologs and asar moments and of course, for all the work-related help. Sorry if sometimes you are at the receiving end of my “MMK, Lucifer” moments (sing it now...I’m just a little bossy!). It’s all in a day’s work. I really appreciate everything, it’s just that I am bruised and jaded (told you...mapapagod ka lang).

Happy 21st, AD…aka Bettyful.




THE FUNSHINE

Looking back, I don’t remember how we became connected. It feels like one time, we just hit it off. I am drawn to her easy smile and the child-like demeanour that conceals the strength within.

She has been with me through the best and worst of my Benby times (for worst, I mean the Dark SAP Ages). With her, I can be myself, sans the pretences that breath “life” to our inert workplace. She has seen me at my lowest (the passed-out-on-the-kitchen-floor moments) and my bleeding moments (something only we know) and she never saw me as a lesser being, unlike our so-called “real” friends.

She is one of the few people who kept their candles burning for me when I faced those mighty winds. During those times when I want to succumb to the Dementors, my patronus is that I just remember how she laughed and shook it off. And I can never thank her enough for that.

I can give you a list on how great a person you are, but it will be endless. Stay true and stay strong, my Funshine Bear (aka Hermione).


THE SNOB

I’ve known her since she was crowned the smartest girl in our elementary school. So from the snobby dictionary-thumping girl, I’ve watched her grow into one fine lass (albeit still a little snobby).

What more can I say...our friendship has weathered what odds were thrown at us. Despite leading separate lives, we are somehow anchored by a constructive past. Even if we don’t see each other in months, it seems only yesterday when we do meet. How’s that for friends forever.

Whenever I feel down, I just reminisce about our adventures during summer vacation. Those were the best childhood memories I have (before I was hesitantly ushered into adulthood). And I will not be this eloquent a writer if you guys have not shown me the magic of ink and paper.

I wish that one thing you wish...a Sun Cellular SIM...hahaha. Continue seeing life through Rose-colored lenses.