Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Fault That She's A Star


Me: Finished already "The Fault In Our Stars." Can you get me out of this fetal position?

Her: Oh my goodness! Why did you finish it on Sunday? You might as well be excused from work tomorrow.

Me: I was at it since yesterday night and couldn't stop.

Her: #hagulgol

Me: And I hate how I see sparks of Gus in me.

Her: Well...if I was given the choice, I'd still choose to be in that position. The one that loves more. The one who has more to offer. I'd always tell you: you always have a choice.

Me: Yeah, I get it now. We choose who hurts us. And I should just be happy with my choice. But that has always been my dilemma.

Her: There is happiness in safe pain. Lonely is healing if you make it.

Me: I want to read the book you gave me next. But it might put me in an emotional tailspin. I'd read suspense as an in-between.

Her: Don't read that after "Fault." I have another book for you with the same concept.

Me: What I don't have it Gus' bluntness. I have emotional cancer from loving too much and risking too little. Sigh.

Her: Exactly what I was telling you about last Friday. You're already there. Go high or go home! At least no regrets, right? We only waste the chances we don't take.

Me: In my stupor, I don't remember that conversation last Friday. It's just a small infinity even if I wanted it to be bigger one.

Her: There will always be bigger infinities than the ones we have but that doesn't give us the reason to belittle others' or belittle ours.

Me: {silence}

No comments: