Monday, October 13, 2008

Superhuman

A few months back, I was “human”, in almost every sense of the word. I succumbed to unapologetic flaws… to frailty… to faultless compassion… and to nondescript sociability. I had that impeccable understanding of human nature. I became fluid where I was once impenetrable. I tried living for the moment. All in the spirit of keeping it REAL.

But I learned a little too late that REALITY is an unforgiving, backstabbing and cold-hearted bitch.

So now I am back to my semi-former self (I want to put “former self” here but TP would disagree with me). I am again a… Wall-E. The comforting barrier is again up and the person I was recently has retreated to that bittersweet place only I know and understand.

I have rediscovered my Scorpio personality, most notably that eye-for-an-eye mentality (and yes, this serves as a threat…beware the wrath of angels). I have engaged in one too many stoic, one-sided conversations. I have attended one too many Tupperware parties, if you know what I mean. THEY WANT GAME, THEN I’VE GOT GAME. Garbage in, garbage out.

Call me ruthless, call me insensitive. But I won’t be the suffering stupid anymore. With me, you get what you deserve. As simple as that. I am not playing god, I am just reflecting pieces of you.

Maybe it’s better this way.

Am I happy? Well, I have always believed that happiness is a choice. You can be happy in any circumstance. I can find happiness in being this “invincible.” From human, I am now superhuman (insert cruel laughter here).

***

I’ve given up hope
Losing the faith that life
Could be mine to treasure
And now nothing’s the same
I found myself reborn
Coz the truths I used to hold
Have changed