Sunday, February 15, 2009

I, Rusher

Music on heavy rotation on my Pod:

- Chasing Pavements (Adele)
- A Little Too Not Over You (David Archuleta)
- Insomnia (Craig David)
- Just Dance (Lady GaGa feat. Akon)
- It’s Over (Jesse McCartney)

***

After eight years, I was somehow reconnected with Chico and Delamar when I saw them at a kiddie party two weekends ago. I was surprised that after all these years, they still remember me and my Rusher codename (it pays to have a unique codename; although I cringe now at the audacity of my codename). As Delamar said, “Di ka naman nagbabago, nag-iiba lang haircut mo.”

I have ceaseless praises and deep admiration for these two. They may be the country’s most celebrated FM DJs, but they are also the most accessible, if you know what I mean. Their trademark quick wit and playful banter remains unparalleled. They are forever written in the annals of FM radio history as the duo who revolutionized and championed FM morning shows.

On a personal note, I owe at lot to these two. They helped me through my most difficult phase. Not only did they provide the company and worry-free escape for three hours every morning, they also gave the intervention I was looking for (craving, even) at that time. Chico was always warm, accepting and appreciative. His positivity never fails to rub off you. Delamar is less interactive than Chico but she did something for me that became my lifeline during that trying times. However, she made me promise that it will just be between the two (or three) of us.

Looking back, I was nothing to these two prominent people but they took me AS I AM and made me feel valued. That’s something I cannot say about people I’m with every day... who had the best of me... but will bring me down by their next breath.

Anyway, as I always say...that’s their death, not mine.


***

Last Tuesday, I tried something I have never done in the last eight years…send an entry to The Rush Hour Hot 10. Wala lang, I just wanted to. Their topic was The Hot 10 Questions About Love.

I found out may asim pa pala ako. My entry took the #5 spot (FYI, I have changed codenames).

What’s my entry?

On what conditions must love be unconditional?