Sunday, February 22, 2009

They Heart My Blog, I Heart Them

Friends have been sending some blog comments privately. Sorry but I will have to divulge some of them. It’s not the words per se that are flattering; it’s more of WHO sent it. Thanks for reading, guys, and no eloquent words can express my appreciation knowing that you still care a lot...even if time and distance has ripped us apart from each other.

From A:

I got to know you all over again through your blog coz you put it all out there. Hehehe. When I was there (in your life), I don't recall us having any brooding philosophical conversations. Or did we? But I remember the angst, yeah.

Just a question: Are you at a point in your life when you're now looking back and taking stock of everything you have done and been? Coz I think I am.

You know what? I've realized something... I realized that I am lonelier now surrounded by lots of people than I was before when I was alone. Ewan ko ba, maybe as I grow old, I lose the ability to trust and give myself completely to new relationships. I just hang on to the memories of old friends. Like you. Really. No joke.

I feel that I made some wrong turns somewhere along the road, just like the way you feel. But don’t punish yourself for it. Coz I don’t.


From V:

Hataw blog mo! Dami sentiments vividly expressed in precisely-matched words. Bow ako. You most likely have more than 500 words in your vocabulary (my Ninong Mon said above average na daw ang makagamit ng around 500 words). Semi-retired writer??? More of like you are thriving!

You are still cynical and sarcastic, capability lang ng matatalino (smiley face).


From M:

WOW...You go, boy! That’s all I can say when I read your blogs. Especially that I know you so well and I understand what you are saying, even if wrap it in all your vague words. Style mo, di pwede sakin. Hehe.

You were always the stubborn one. Not the bad kind of stubborn. I mean you never give up without a fight. As you say, you choose your battles. I wish I had that strength. But if ever life becomes too cruel for your kind heart, know that you can always run to me. But I know you won’t, you will take it all in stride. Stubborn ka eh!

You know ano nami-miss ko? Apart from your deep but humorous jabs at life...Yung silent and never-ending laughter mo. Super funny! I laugh now just remembering it. See you soon and keep on blogging.