Sunday, February 08, 2009

Mitigating Circumstances

A different kind of storm brewed in the later part of this week. I wouldn’t have minded it but the haughty winds somehow blew over my personal turf.

I choose my own battles. You are nothing and no one to me. But this time you have stepped too close for comfort, my friend.

We were brought up in such a way that we are very particular about one’s honor and good name. Yes, we are not perfect and we have our foibles and flaws. But if there is one thing we do not take lightly, it is being FALSELY ACCUSED, using supposedly valid evidence (this is different from being falsely accused based on opinion, mind you).

Not to mention that I come from that principled university who taught me to stand up for what is fair and fight for those are subject to iniquitous persecution. Deep inside my stoic facade, I am a rebel with a cause.

If your system has been so spotless and rigid, then I would not have reacted. But it nowhere near infallible. And yet you indict someone who falls victim to your own shortcomings. How honourable. As I said, it is unfair to cast doubt if you do not have such certain measures. I believe there is a term for that: MALICIOUS INTENT.

Maybe you will get what you want. But everything has its price. Remember that.