Saturday, June 06, 2009

Music For The Tears From Heaven

Seems like the rains came in time for the opening of classes. It has been raining the entire week! I only saw sunshine (hmmm...both literal and figurative) Friday morning. And like most good things, it was gone before you can even enjoy it. And suddenly everything is grey and wet again.



I love the cool clean air when it’s raining. But definitely not the dampness. The rains feed the urge to just lie in bed in a fetal position, listen to depressing music or read through a really tragic book. As the rains fall, part of me just wants to be drenched in pain all over again.

I chose to just listen to music. And I came up with this Rainy playlist:

* After The Rain Has Fallen – Sting
* Fire And Rain – James Taylor
* Why Does It Always Rain On Me – Travis
* Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head – Ben Fold Five
* Rain – Madonna
* Please Don’t Stop The Rain – James Morrison
* Kiss The Rain – Billie Myers
* January Rain – David Gray

Apparently the rains are battering not just this side of the world. Chris Daughtry just tweeted: "Rainy Day again. Makes me want to sleep all day."

***

I wish for nothing but the rain to fall
And wash away everything that I've done wrong
Find a way to make you strong
If only for another day

No comments: