Friday, May 02, 2008

Q&A: I Come Undone

I stumbled upon this questions/survey and decided to answer it just for fun…or maybe to mock the people who only sees me as a two-dimensional workaholic hotshot yuppie.

Name: I’ve been called different names during the course of my existence. Elementary friends call me by my legal name. College friends uses just two letters to address me. To present colleagues, I am like a purple dinosaur. Don’t ask my household name…it’s too far off that I don’t know even know where it came from.

Age: Like wine, it gets better with time.

Religion: Devout agnostic

What are you passionate about: Music, writing, fitness

Favorite movie this year: None yet. From last year, it has to be One More Chance (ha ha).

Most played songs on iPod: That would be my World-Weary playlist: Breakdown (Mariah Carey), Drops of Jupiter (Train), Back To Good (Matchbox Twenty), Fire and Rain (James Taylor), Can U Help Me (Usher), Blind (Lifehouse), Taken (Plumb), What Might Have Been (Lou Pardini), Far Away (Kevyn Lettau)

Best quality about me: My understanding of human nature

The worst: My sarcasm… or so they say

Last semi-sensible purchase: A heavier dumb bell. Back issues of Entrepreneur Magazine.

If you could buy one thing right now it would be: iPod speakers and a new iPod-ready car stereo

Beach or mountains: Any, as long as I am in good company. But beach would be better.

Sport: Badminton. Although I’ve tried some bowling and billiards way back. Oh…Wii Tennis!

Movie that makes me cry: Ok, the last was December Boys. I am a sucker for buddy-forever movies. And before that, The Pursuit of Happyness. Why am I admitting this!

Apart from what you're doing now, what would be your dream job: A newspaper columnist (paging Young Star). A DJ.

Temptation you have successfully avoided thus far: Smoking

Temptation you have succumbed to recently: Drinking….hic! And lottery.

The one thing you can never be: A third party.

The one thing you strive to be: A BLESSING to other people

The one thing you struggle with the most: Driving in unfamiliar streets. Wondering “what might have been.”

The most beautiful woman you've ever seen: I want Moore.

The best thing your mom taught you: Smiling through your worries.

The best thing your dad taught you: Responsibility.

The thing you surprisingly enjoy doing: Cleaning anything (car, house, computer files).

Last time you kissed someone: I don't kiss and tell.

What turns you on: Smarts, compassion, some attitude

What turns you off: Whore-ish demeanor (malandi, in vernacular). Wrong grammar. Trying hard to speak in English. Insensitivity. Close-mindedness.

Most pointless thing a girl can buy: Tons of accessories, bags, shoes (more than they can use).

Best thing a girl can buy: Consistency. Mindset. (ok, I’m being sarcastic).

Favorite sound: Keyboard clicking. The Cuppycake Song.

Worst sound: For some reason, The Papaya Song makes me tense. The alarm clock after only 2 hours of sleep. The sound of reality crashing to the floor.

Favorite swear word: Fuck, shit

When no one's looking I like to: Smell the leather of my watch. Oh my!

What would the movie of your life be called: Shades of Grey

What is the most ironic thing about yourself: that I’m always running but I seem to be going nowhere. I’m once-bitten-twice-shy but somehow I suffer the same downfall.

What do you like most about yourself: How I understand human nature, hence I tend to get along with most types of people. I’m quite sensitive but too cool to care. I can do what I nwat if I put my mind to it.

What do you hate most about yourself: I can be paranoid (trust only a few). I have a certain eye-for-an-eye mentality. I’m a bit jaded and world-weary.

Issue most important to you: Future stability. The environment. How to be a blessing to people I care for.

What is the bravest thing you've done: conquered my fear of extreme carnival rides. Be a man and stay true to my words. Stand up for what is true and what fair, even if means hurting some people you care for.

What is the one brave thing you've still yet to do: Get into another serious relationship. Let go and look for greener pastures.

What's food for your soul? Reading and writing blogs.

If you were to enter heaven, what would you like to hear at the pearly gates: "So you’re Bernard… welcome… they’ve all been waiting for you.”