Saturday, January 03, 2009

My Life Lens...circa 2009

Just in case you missed it...here's new new profile:

"I have lived thirty years and a thousand lifetimes.

I am almost adorable in my mismanaged existence. My life is ruled by expectations, which is not a bad thing. But it does get tiring…how you reach for it only to realize they have placed the bar higher.

I am a self-confessed drama king with comic undertones. My story reads like an indie dramedy that yearns for that crescendo redemption. I have looked pain in the eye, hence I am half-healed. But I do have my moments of ruckus and madness when I do let myself loose.

I thrive on solitude; isolation has become one of my thirsts. I bask in my being alone and happy instead of being around people but unhappy. I’ve learned that most people disappoint you anyway if you get too close to them.

I have a few friends and that’s all I need…friends in the purest sense of the word. They are the only people who know me and they are the only ones that matter.

I have been dealt a lot of tough cards; I am the type who suffers in silence. But that doesn’t mean I don’t lash back. I am from that radical university after all and we are taught to stand up and rebel when provoked. Especially by incompetent fools who deserve it.

I hover in a state of constant sarcasm, mockery and irony. I am cautiously optimistic. I have seen more horrors than any soul should see, yet I still believe in seeing the good in everything.

I like the heartbeat of silence; uncompromising silence can be so loud. I am allergic to nonsense and inanity. I don’t talk much but written word is my playground.

They say my voice is sad, subversive, byzantine and tortured. And they may be right… for once. I have developed the talent of drowning in despondency and misery; and blocking the unnecessary painful things from my sterling memory.

I have a huge reservoir of patience and understanding and pity those who use up my quota of tolerance. With me, what you are is what you get. I may not be your expectation, but I am neither your generalization. Just when you thought you had me down pat, that’s when I’ll throw you a mystic curveball.

I love proving people wrong and slapping human nature in their faces. I have learned that people don’t understand what they don’t know. But that is their death...not mine.

Come unravel the mystery of this restless soul. Visit my Friendster blog or www.barnieboi.blogspot.com."