Saturday, July 11, 2009

From Borat With Love

A few years back, I watched Borat (full title is Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan) on DVD just to check what the fuss was all about.



I found the movie vulgar, shocking, repulsive and... brilliant!

Yes, it’s one hell of a politically incorrect film but I don’t think it should be taken seriously. You will feel scandalized after watching this movie and for good reasons. Borat doesn’t hold back, he insults every social stigma you can think of. In fact, it is Borat’s disrespectful nature that makes the film deliciously hilarious.

The main brilliance of Borat is that it jokes about our own ignorance and chauvinism. It is a taunting lesson in self-ridicule.

Call me bonkers but I have placed Sacha Baron Cohen (whose alter ego before Borat is Ali G) in a pedestal reserved for comic geniuses. I have been following him (well, Borat to be exact) on Twitter and he never fails to make me laugh with his cheeky wisecracks.

Last Father’s Day he tweeted: I bought my father a cemetery plot for Father’s day. It’s next to my house so i don’t have to visit him every year, that’s just annoying.

On the death of the famous Oxiclean guy: I am going to cry every time i use oxiclean, because it burns my eyes not because he died.

On MJ’s death: Death comes in threes, first Farrah then Michael Jackson...let’s finish on a high note with Perez!!

On the now famous photo of Megan Fox and the boy with a yellow rose: He should have tried passing her acting abilities.

Self explanatory: If hookers have a heart of gold what are their va jay jays made out of?

He even pokes fun at his girlfriend: After watching 'Confessions of a Shopaholic' my penis started wearing a feather boa. It tickles!

Just yesterday, I got a tweet link from Borat and it lead to a recent guesting of Bruno on The David Letterman Show to promote, well, Bruno. Bruno is the new character conjured by Baron Cohen. Whereas Borat is a bigot, Bruno is a she-bitch. But both share the same genes of comic hysteria. See for yourself.



Click here just in case the embedded video doesn't work.

After Harry Potter, this is the next movie I want to see. Interesting to find out who can work his wand better. Pun intended.

No comments: