Friday, July 03, 2009

My Two Knuts #1

Note: Before you think of anything sleazy, allow me to clarify. This is the start of another series of blogs. This is like a portal to my nutty, sometimes naughty, mind. Warning: not for the faint- and good-hearted. I made it short for those who have long-blog deficit disorder. By the way, “knuts” are coins, a.k.a cents (wink, wink), in our magical world.



A friend said that some of my blogs are longer than long. She even challenged me (the nerd...haha!) to write my thoughts in three sentences or less.

I said that would be easy. It will just be like tweets.

And so here are snippets... watered down version of my thoughts.

All The Single-Syllabled Ladies
The difference between Mariah Carey and Beyonce is that Mariah can use words with more than four syllables in her lyrics. Beyonce’s vocabulary is somewhere between grade three and grade four. Sorry, I’m not a fan.

Commercial Failure 1
I get pissed every time I see that Nido commercial with Suzie Entrata. It is like a freaking Teletubbies segment...repetitive, shallow and insults the intelligence of even the kids. Did I say it is repetitive? So if you want your kids to be smart, ask them to stay away from Nido.

Commercial Failure 2
I also get pissed at that Claritin commercial. Poor talents, poor storyboard…poor everything!

Harry Potter and the Inflation Rate
The paperback version of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows is now available at Power Books. I buy the paperbacks since it is more economical and convenient to carry around. But I was shocked at the price of this final book. It was a few sickles shy of 800 pesos.



The Stars Shine Down
I don’t know why but I keep bumping into celebrities lately. Just today I encountered Cheska Garcia and her hubby shopping for a La-Z boy at the mall. Now, don’t ask me what I am doing inside a store selling La-Z boys.

Down With Up
I wonder why Up is not yet being shown here. With the latent piracy, you would expect that movies this anticipated will be shown days after the US release. I was also surprised that they are showing that Miley Cyrus movie just now. I bet all the teenage girls have pajama partied and watched it on pirated DVD.

Ghost Coffeeshop

What is this?



This is a very empty Starbucks (at least the second floor). Because the aircon conked out. I stayed there because I was attached to the electric plug... literally!


Iconic Sales
Who said that there is a shortage of Michael Jackson CDs locally? Odyssey is well-stocked with all the MJ albums and there are even multiple displays. And most at only 325 pesos! MJ’s soul is singing all the way to the cash registers. Ok, bad pun.




Yes, Kids...These Are iPods

It is the 30th anniversary of the Walkman, the iPod of the 25-and-above generation. BBC Magazine had a 13-year old boy experiment using a walkman for a week and it was hilarious. It took him awhile to figure out that the cassette has two sides...and he improvised a “shuffle” by pressing rewind randomly. Wow, how the world has changed in 10 years!

No comments: