Thursday, July 16, 2009

Girls Love Them HAIRwire

Ellen DeGeneres tweeted think link that led to her interview with Robert Pattinson a.k.a. Edward Cullens a.k.a. The Boy Who Is The Obsession of 60% Of The Female Population. (The other 30% are obsessed with The Boy Who Lived; balance 10% obsessed with the Gossip Boys)



















Click here if the embedded video doesn't work.

In the case of Robert/Edward and Daniel/Harry I have always asked this question: Are the fans obsessed with the characters or the actual stars?

The answer might not be simple. With fanaticism, the line between reel and real is blurred in a blindsighting way.

I’m sorry but I really don’t get the hysterical fixation over Robert. I mean he was Cedric before and he was only catching the leftover sparks from Harry's shining star. And then came the Edward character and suddenly he has sped past Harry in worldwide eminence. Other than fangs, the only difference is the hair; which I think is the root of all the obsession. It has the Johnny Depp bizaare factor which girls also fall for.

To me, he looks like a testosterone-injected Jojo Alejar. But then again, I have poor eyesight.

Nevertheless, I must admit that anyone who can use exponentially and theoretically so casually in a sentence must have enough brain cells to sustain a smart conversation.

Sidebar: I think Kristen Stewart is too good for Twilight. I first saw her in In The Land Of Women (opposite Adam Brody and Meg Ryan). The plot of that movie sucks and Brody can’t shake off his Seth Cohen-ism but I was intrigued at the quiet intensity of Kristen’s acting. Too bad she will be pigeonholed into that Bella character. Unless she can do a Tobey Maguire.

No comments: