Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Two Knuts #2: The Last Week Before The BER Months

"My Two Knuts" is a blog series featuring snippets a.k.a watered down version of my thoughts. I made it short for those who have long-blog-deficit disorder. Hence, this may read like a Twitter feed. By the way, “knuts” are coins in our magical world.



An Inconvenient Weather

Weather has been really weird this year. Three times already that my place here in QC almost got flooded because the nearby creek overflowed (I am on the second floor but the parking is at ground level so Ash is in danger). Yesterday, I left the office at 1PM and it felt like Sahara Desert has relocated to Manila. Then suddenly at 5PM all hell broke loose, the rains pounded hard and it felt like I was in New Orleans and not Ortigas. Traffic was like the Linkin Park song. Crawling. It took me an hour longer to go home.



Penny for Your Pages

For book junkies, go visit Booksale at Waltermart Munoz. No, I don’t own stocks to that place. I’ve been there twice and I was amazed at their collection. They have the “keepers” like Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl and even unabridged versions of the classics (Dracula). I have to stop myself from purchasing an entire bookshelf. My limit is three and it was difficult decision to narrow it down. Last time I bought three hard-to-find Anita Shreve books at less than 100 pesos each (even National don't have these books). This time, I have to tear myself away from the hardbound Donald Trump book and bought comedy books for my Mom. Sniff, sniff.

Your Wrong (Sic)

John Mayer tweeted last week that most people are confused by “your” and “you’re.” I was looking at new CD releases and saw that Christian Bautista has released a greatest hits CD (no surprise coz he transferred record labels). The playlist includes Your Still You, which I assumed is his version of Josh Groban’s You’re Still You. Minus the apostrophe and the E.




More Deaths

What’s with this year? A lot of famous people are dying. Today Adam Goldstein or more popularly known as DJ AM was found dead. Reports pointed to drug overdose. The irony is that he survived a plane crash a few years back. This reminds me of the movie Final Destination.



His last tweet on Aug 25: "New york, new york. Big city of dreams, but everything in new york aint always what it seems."

Not to be insensitive but I have little sympathy for people who die from prescription drug overdose.

Organized Clutter

I can be as organized as a bee (huh?) if I wanted to. Problem is I don’t have the time. Which is a chicken-egg statement because time is something to have to organize as well. Hopefully this long weekend, I will have less clutter in my life. I’m excited to do some shopping...storage box shopping.



Thumbs Up

We used to play thumb wresting as kids. But somebody took it further:



Cold As A Ber

In a few hours it will be the –Ber months. The busiest but most fun time of the year. Woot hooh! Does this mean that we will be hearing Christmas songs sometime soon? My first Christmas wish: no political jingles to the tune of Christmas songs. And no Christmas remix of No-bah-dy no-bah-by but chu!

Please.

Quotables

Paulo Coehlo once said: Don’t try to be safe when you write. Just be honest, because truth protects you.

A famous actor said: Those people without Twitter accounts are losers.

Who am I to disagree. Wink, wink.

No comments: