Monday, May 11, 2009

First Week MAY-hem

The first week of the month always tops the hectic-o-meter. Two friends even asked if I am still alive and complained that I haven’t been answering their texts (kasi naman magtetext when I’m presiding over a meeting). I’m just glad this toxic week is over and I can chill the weekend out.

This week, after the stressful monthly meeting, I worked double time because I have to go to Cebu in the later part of the week. But I am in high spirits because of a very exciting product we are launching (clue: now you can eat cookies to take care of your heart, wink wink). More work...I know, but I really believe in this product so I am investing my 101% effort into this project. Nothing is more inspiring that a product that will speak for itself.

Anyhoo, more about that in a separate blog.

So we flew to Cebu last Thursday. I was with KG and BA and despite our jam-packed and very tiring schedule, we somehow attracted some misadventures:

* We were so paranoid with the H1N1 scare at Cebu that within seconds from emerging from the airport we were anointing our bodies with alcohol like it was the elixir of life.

* It was raining very hard the night before our flight due to incoming typhoon. I hate flying in stormy weather! Good thing it was only light rain when we left on the first flight out Thursday.

* The CR at the Waterfront won’t flush. I had to call maintenance early in the morning.

*I wasn’t able to watch TV (I missed American Idol and Us Two) because the presidential son was my roommate. Upside: We had a very cerebral conversation. I was surprised at the level of maturity he has achieved at such an early age.

* On our return flight we were again apprehensive about the weather so checked with those who boarded the earlier flights. They said weather was OK but there was a lot of turbulence. So we requested that we be seated somewhere near the front (which would rock less). But the check-in guy took us TOO literally...we were seated at the very front!

I could see the pilot’s cabin from where I was seated. But the funny thing is that we were facing the flight stewardesses who sit in the pull-down chairs near the door and vocalizes robotically all the announcements. Pretty weird! But we really wanted to sleep so we didn’t mind them.

* I parked at the overnight parking at NAIA-3 and when we returned, the left rear wheel was flat. Good thing there was a Total gas station a stone’s throw awa). But that’s not all...we found out that the trunk won’t close. We improvised with a ribbon from BA’s bag and surprisingly it held until we reached BA’s house. From there I replaced it with a much stronger straw rope.

That’s a lot of misadventures for just two days! But we did have some enjoyable moments, especially with MB around.

The new Ayala Terraces was awesome! At last... another taste of opulence in this third world desolation. I was able to try the Laguna resto and of course, Lemon Grass. I was introduced to Lemon Grass years ago and I really really love their food (must try: the pineapple rice and pad thai).

Too bad we were not able to go to Club Ultima, with its sky walk and rides similar to the ones in Singapore and Malaysia. Maybe because BA prayed against it (she is afraid of heights...shhh). I was looking forward to the aerial walk. Anyhoo, there’s always a next time.

Finally I will get to enjoy the weekend! Tops on my to-do list is celebrate Mother’s Day with my family, watch Wolverine (I’ve heard some rave reviews) and finish the last few pages of the book I’m reading.

No comments: