Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fragments #6

She said: May KF pa din!

I said: What’s KF?

She said: Kilig factor...dumarami na ang acronyms natin!

I said: O...i c

This reminds me of a very funny conversation between Ryan and Seth (The O.C.):



Seth: So, what's the GP, RA?
Ryan: I have no idea what you just said.
Seth: Game plan, Ryan Atwood
Ryan: You're just using initials now?
Seth: Yeah, it saves time.
Ryan: Well not if you have to translate.
Seth: GP.
Ryan: Game plan?
Seth: Good point

***

An officemate asked: Barns, may plastic ka ba? (Got plastic [bag]?)

I replied: Madami ako kakila, sino gusto mo? (I know a lot, who do you prefer?)

Everyone near me laughed.

***

Yesterday I was laughing myself silly with C&D’s Top 10 Signs That Nobody Loves You over at RX93.1.

One entry: Pag hindi mo masabing nilangaw ang party mo dahil pati mga langaw binoycott ang party mo. (You can’t say that only the fruit flies attended your party [this is a local idiom meaning near-zero attendance] because even the fruit flies boycotted it).

Another entry: Pag ang nakalagay sa lapida mo “Keep Off The Grass.” (When your tombstone inscription says “Keep Off The Grass”)

Still another entry: When people go to your wake not to mourn for you but to make sure you ARE dead.

No comments: