Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ma!

Last Sunday, while everyone was holding their breaths for the Pacquaio-Hatton fight, we pulled off something that we just planned about a month ago. We celebrated my Mom’s birthday in a non-traditional way...renting a private resort and having an off-Christmas reunion of sorts.

Good thing the rains stopped and the day was deliciously warm. Or else I won’t be able to swim, coming from my bout with flu just last week.

The food was a glutton-inducing feast. I ate until I cannot eat anymore. Especially the freshly baked oysters and the succulent watermelons (the advantage of living in the province).

I also dared myself to belt out a couple songs from the videoke machine even if my throat is still healing. My uncle was egging me on, even requesting some rocks songs that is bound to hurt my throat.

I didn’t mind…just for the fun of it.

No comments: