Friday, May 01, 2009

AI Update: And Then There Were Four

I have two-weeks worth of American Idol updates. So here are quick ones.

Last week, the theme was Disco Night and the fate of the double elimination is hanging over the Top 7’s heads.

For me the best performance came from Kris Allen with his inimitable take on an unlikely song. He sang She Works Hard For The Money and gave it a wicked twist. On the downside, the judges poked fun at him by saying he liked "shopping in the girl’s department."



The worst is still Lil Rounds. It was like watching an amateur contest on a local noontime show.

Remember the bold statement I made during my last AI blog? I said take out Lil, take out Anoop and the remaining five are all well-deserving of the title.

Well, that’s what happened...to my utter contentment.

This is really the best Top 5 of any season. It will be heart-wrenching to watch any of them go. The only consolation is that with THAT kind of talent and potential, these Five are assured of life after AI. They can all be the next Daughtry. More promising careers than even those of past winners. Yes, I am talking about you, Taylor Hicks.

This week was jazz night and truth to tell I haven’t watched this week’s performance episode. So I cannot gauge which one is my personal best.

But I caught the elimination episode. The result was quite appalling! I was expecting Matt and Allison to be in the bottom two. But Allison joined Danny in the top 2 and Adam (the frontrunner) was in the bottom 2!

As expected, even if I hate to see him go, it was the end of the road for Matt G. Even if he sang a very haunting version of My Funny Valentine and the judges gave a collective WOW. I have great belief that I will see Matt in the charts real soon. He can give JT a run for his money (although I think he is getting tired of the JT comparison...ok, howabout Robin Thicke?).



Only four left and the winner will be crowned three weeks from now. The suspense is unbearable. Next week will be Rock and Roll Nights and we know all four can rock!

No comments: